Arlo Camera Battery Replacement: Everything You Need to Know
If you own an Arlo camera, you know how important it is to have a functioning battery. Without a charged battery, your camera is essentially useless. Fortunately, replacing an Arlo camera battery is a straightforward process. In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Arlo camera battery replacement.
Why Replace Your Arlo Camera Battery?
There are a few reasons you might need to replace your Arlo camera battery. The most obvious reason is that your battery is dead or dying. Over time, all rechargeable batteries lose their ability to hold a charge. If you notice that your Arlo camera battery life is decreasing, it may be time to replace the battery.
Another reason to replace your Arlo camera battery is if you want to upgrade to a higher capacity battery. Arlo offers a variety of battery options, so you can choose one that best suits your needs. A higher capacity battery will give you longer battery life, which is especially useful if you’re using your Arlo camera for surveillance or security purposes.
Types of Arlo Camera Batteries
Arlo cameras use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. There are two main types of Arlo camera batteries: the standard Arlo battery and the Arlo Pro battery.
The standard Arlo battery is used in the Arlo, Arlo Pro, and Arlo Go cameras. It has a capacity of 2440mAh and provides up to six months of battery life, depending on usage.
The Arlo Pro battery is used in the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras. It has a capacity of 2440mAh and provides up to six months of battery life, depending on usage. However, the Arlo Pro battery is also compatible with the standard Arlo cameras.
In addition to the standard and Pro batteries, Arlo also offers a high-capacity battery and a solar panel charger.
How to Check Your Arlo Camera Battery Life
To check your Arlo camera battery life, log in to your Arlo account and select the camera you want to check. Click on the settings icon and then click on the “Device Settings” tab. Under “Battery Level,” you’ll see the current battery level of your camera.
You can also check your battery level by looking at the LED light on the camera itself. When the battery is full, the LED light will be green. When the battery is low, the LED light will be amber. When the battery is empty, the LED light will be red.
When to Replace Your Arlo Camera Battery
As we mentioned earlier, all rechargeable batteries lose their ability to hold a charge over time. If you notice that your Arlo camera battery life is decreasing, it may be time to replace the battery.
You should also replace your Arlo camera battery if you notice any damage to the battery or if it’s been exposed to extreme temperatures. A damaged battery can be dangerous and should be replaced immediately.
How to Replace Your Arlo Camera Battery
Replacing your Arlo camera battery is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove the camera from its mount.
- Locate the battery compartment on the back of the camera.
- Press the latch on the battery compartment door and slide it
- Remove the old battery from the compartment.
- Insert the new battery into the compartment, making sure it clicks into place.
- Close the battery compartment door and slide the latch back into place.
- Re-mount the camera and turn it on to make sure the new battery is working properly.
It’s important to note that you should only use Arlo-approved batteries with your Arlo camera. Using non-approved batteries can damage your camera and void your warranty.
How to Properly Dispose of Your Old Battery
When you replace your Arlo camera battery, it’s important to dispose of the old battery properly. Lithium-ion batteries are considered hazardous waste and should not be thrown in the trash.
Arlo offers a battery recycling program for its customers. You can contact Arlo customer support for information on how to recycle your old battery.
Tips for Extending Your Arlo Camera Battery Life
Here are some tips for extending the battery life of your Arlo camera:
- Turn off unnecessary features, such as night vision or motion detection, when they’re not needed.
- Place your camera in an area with good Wi-Fi signal strength to reduce battery drain.
- Use a higher capacity battery if you need longer battery life.
- Use the Arlo solar panel charger to keep your battery charged without having to remove it from the camera.
Common Battery Issues and Solutions
Here are some common battery issues you may encounter with your Arlo camera, along with possible solutions:
- Battery life is shorter than expected: This could be due to extreme temperatures, poor Wi-Fi signal strength, or a damaged battery. Try moving the camera to a different location, checking the battery for damage, and replacing the battery if necessary.
- Battery won’t charge: This could be due to a damaged charging cable or a damaged battery. Try using a different charging cable and checking the battery for damage.
- Battery won’t hold a charge: This is a sign that the battery is reaching the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions About Arlo Camera Battery Replacement
- How long does an Arlo camera battery last?
- An Arlo camera battery can last up to six months, depending on usage.
- Can I use non-Arlo batteries with my Arlo camera?
- No, you should only use Arlo-approved batteries with your Arlo camera.
- Can I recycle my old Arlo camera battery?
- Yes, Arlo offers a battery recycling program for its customers.
- How do I check my Arlo camera battery life?
- You can check your Arlo camera battery life by logging in to your Arlo account and selecting the camera you want to check. You can also check the LED light on the camera itself.
- How do I replace my Arlo camera battery?
- To replace your Arlo camera battery, remove the camera from its mount, locate the battery compartment, remove the old battery, insert the new battery, and re-mount the camera.
In conclusion, replacing your Arlo camera battery is a simple process that can extend the lifespan of your camera. By following these tips and guidelines, you can ensure that your Arlo camera is always charged and ready to go. If you encounter any issues with your battery, don’t hesitate to contact Arlo customer support for assistance.
Hello My name is Johny, I have a passion for technology and a keen eye for design, I have honed my expertise in crafting engaging content on the latest home and gadget trends. Whether it’s exploring the newest smart home devices or reviewing the latest kitchen appliances, my writing brings a fresh perspective and insightful analysis to my readers.